Sweet Desserts

Collection of All Sweets that wrap up your MEALS

Google

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Xmas Cake


Xmas Cake

Our Christmas cake last Christmas.. the story :-)

I've been wondering what could I have for a unique christmas piece at home... My husband doesnt feel like having a christmas tree.. so I wandered around the junkies at the backyard what could I get... I saw a circular piece of wood which looks perfect for a cakestand.. actually I saw it before and just kicked it out and watched it rolled to a corner... what I did... I put 4 equal size of wood that would serve as a stand and there goes my cake stand! Painted it white and decorated with wired green leaves, the same material for Christmas Tree, twirled some gold and red ribbons. The colorful base layer are macaroons which I wrapped with colored plastic wrappers and formed it into something cheerful. Baked a layer of chiffon cake for the top layer and decorated it with icing, put Sta. Claus beside a small tree, add some red candies and mallows and stuffed the the base with christmas balls and bells! It isn’t just a christmas piece but with edible decors with two kinds of dessert. The cake and macaroons. Guests just love to munch the macaroons while sitting & chatting after dinner. This was the centerpiece of the center table where we had buffet with the guests and everybody loves it!!! They've been wondering which shop I bought!! --- secret --- :-) Unique.. isnt it?? You don’t really need to have Christmas Tree always on Christmas…. Here is a good alternative!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home