Sweet Desserts

Collection of All Sweets that wrap up your MEALS

Google

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mint Ice Cream


Mint Ice Cream


This is so refreshing ice cream! The mint flavor adds freshness as it melts in your mouth! I was wondering what alternative flavor of ice ice cream. I usually make chocolate, strawberry or other fruity flavors but with the heat of summer in Luanda, ice cream is just a perfect merienda! I played with other flavors I got, I had a remaining mint flavoring so I tried.. I never thought it would work coz, I haven’t seen such flavor in the market… The good thing about making your own ice cream is that you can control the sweetness by reducing the amount of sugar!

Just use the same recipe of the strawberry I had posted and replace the flavor, but here it is anyway.

Ingredients :

2 eggs
250 ml full cream milk
100 g sugar
450 g whipping cream
2 tsp. mint essence
1/2 tsp. green food coloring

Procedure :

Warm milk in a small pan whilst whisking the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl. Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg and sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Pour the mixture back into the pan stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken slightly but do not let it boil. Allow it to cool down to room temperature, mix in the cream and strawberry essence and chill for 30 minutes. Pour the mixture in an icecream maker. Alternatively, if you dont have an icecream maker, freeze the mixture and stir occationally just before it would turn into solid to avoid crystalized icecream.





1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying to find a really good recipe for making mint ice cream, i'm not so good with making up recipes so i went online. This tasted soooo goood. especially since its summer.

Melina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home